In this hectic time, we care less about our health. A quick and healthy breakfast smoothie is the ultimate solution for you. They take very little time, and you can bring them with you to work!
Creamy Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1/2 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 ice cubes
Notes: Other readers have recommended adding a scoop of protein powder and even a little bit of coffee to this recipe to jazz things up.
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy
- Top with granola or chopped apple slices and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
264 calories, 12g fat, 37g carbs, 7g fiber, 17g sugar, 6g protein.
Mango and Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Place the mango in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow it to cool. If you are in a hurry you can skip this step and add 2 ice cubes into the smoothie instead. Remove the skin of the mango with a food peeler, Cut mango into medium chunks, reserve about 1 teaspoon of mango to use later for garnish on the smoothie (dice the reserved mango into small peices) . Place the mango, Greek yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in the blender. Blend for 2-3 minutes on high or until the mixture is creamy. Use a spoon to scrape the edges of the blender if any mango get’s stuck on the sides. Pour into a cup, top with the reversed mango and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (preferably with no sugar added, but any brand will really do the job)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients in the body of your blender and pulse until completely smooth. Pour into glasses and serve/drink at once.
Nutrition: Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Minty Pineapple Smoothie
- 200g pineapple peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- a few mint leaves
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 25g oats
- 2 tbsp linseed
- handful unsalted, unroasted cashew
- fresh lime juice, to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender with 200ml water and process until smooth. If it’s too thick, add more water (up to 400ml) until you get the right mix.
Nutrition: kcal 177 fat 8g saturates 1g carbs 19g sugars 11g fiber 4g protein 6g salt 0.1g
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
1 Cup Oat Milk can use almond, coconut, or soy.
1 Large Frozen Banana
3/4 Cup Rolled Oats soaked for 2 hours and then drained
1 Teaspoon Tahitian Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Raw Honey optional, we add for seasonal allergies
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Note the more strawberries you use, the pinker it will be. Our daughter loves it a little pinker.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 782mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 45.5mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Cherry Coconut Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen, pitted cherries
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Wild Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- 1/2 frozen medium banana
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds for topping, if desired
Place all ingredients besides chia seeds into a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if the smoothie is too thick. Pour into a chilled glass, sprinkle with chia seeds and extra blueberries; enjoy!
Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- 10cm/4in fresh turmeric or 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tbsp coconut milk yogurt
- (we used Co Yo), or the cream skimmed from the top of canned coconut milk
- 50g gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp cashew butter (or a handful of cashews)
- 2 bananas peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or chopped nuts, to serve
Peel the turmeric root, if using, and grate. Put all ingredients in a blender with 600ml water and blend until smooth. Serve in a bowl with chia seeds or some chopped nuts sprinkled over.
Pineapple Green Smoothie
1 cup fresh baby spinach
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup frozen pineapple
Add coconut milk and spinach to blender. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
Add frozen pineapple and blend again, until smooth.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1455IU | Vitamin C: 44.5mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.4mg
Coconut & Banana Smoothie
- 100g coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp milk of your choice (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp baobab powder (optional)
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp oats
- juice of ½ a lemon
Add the coconut yogurt and milk to a high-speed blender then add the turmeric, fresh ginger and baobab powder (if using). Tip in the remaining ingredients then blend until smooth. Add ice and blitz again if you prefer a colder drink. Pour into glasses and serve.
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- 1 c (150g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- ¾ c (180mL) nonfat or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp (5mL) butter extract
Truvia or another sweetener, to taste
Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order that they’re listed, and pulse until smooth. Serve and drink immediately.
Notes: Any milk will work! 1%, 2%, almond, soy, coconut… Just use whatever you already have in your refrigerator.
If you don’t have butter extract, substitute vanilla extract instead. It won’t taste quite the same, but it’ll still impart some of the shortcake flavors.
Green Kiwi Smoothie
- 1/2 Green Kiwi
- 1/2 cup Frozen Mango Cubes
- 1 cup Kale
- 1 cup Orange Juice
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.